Volunteers are needed to manage meetings. The position requires that you have: 2 months of sobriety, a sponsor, and 10 hours of online meeting experience in the last 6 months.
We ask you serve a minimal term of two months at the same time of day, same day of week. For example: 8 consecutive Mondays at noon.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: I want to be a moderator.
- Message body: Your full name, Email address, Mobile #, sobriety date, and a picture.
This will be the main training page for new moderators.
In order to start the Moderator position you must:
- Attend 5 Allandale meetings.
- Shadow a moderator 2 times.
- Be review by a moderator in a co-moderator role.
- Be able to support your own technology.
- Before the meeting – get it started
- Arrive 20 minutes early to open room
- Support chairperson, collect chair topic data
- During the meeting – keep it moving
- Read announcements
- Mute and unmute users, kick out REALLY offensive people, encourage attendees to share
- Track request for sharing: THE QUE
- Be a cheerleader for people in the room
Prepare to be great support in the meeting:
These are the technology minimums to moderate:
- Computer only – no phone / tablet
- Earbuds or headphones
- Digital timer Apple – Android
- Turn off all apps that sync: dropbox, slack, gdrives, skype, chat
These are the technology nice to haves:
- Single color background / Green Screen here.
- External camera – it can be as cheap as $20 here.
- Mic with a mute button here.
- Lights – only LED here.
- Big or extra monitor.
These are the meeting best practices for moderator purposes:
- Room with a closed door
- Center your camera on your face
- No light above or behind – ONLY in front
- Timer: 3 Minute with long noise, 5 Second short noise
- Be 20 minute early
- Call on everyone by name and welcome them
- Find some props to distract people from the discomfort
Specifically NOT Moderator functions:
Not troubleshooting attendee technology.
Not bringing the topic.
Not representing the steering committee.
Not administering the website.
To get trained by Allandale click here.
These are live trainings held by Zoom.us
You can go to the zoom live training free if you register here.
This is the basics Getting Started with Zoom Meetings.